Study Entry Scholarships for students with refugee background
In the framework of the programme "NRWege ins Studium - integration of refugees at universities in North Rhine-Westphalia", the South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences grants scholarships to students with refugee background with good to very good academic achievements. This programme is sponsored by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with funds from the Ministry of Culture and Science of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia.
The objective of the scholarship is to finance studies for highly talented refugees in order to integrate them successfully into studies at the South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences in a long-term perspective and lead them to graduation.
- Refugee background
- Enrolment at the South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences in a regular study course (Bachelor or Master) in the first semester
- High motivation and likelihood of academic success due to good or very good academic performances in the preparatory courses
The scholarship is initially granted for 6 months.
The monthly maximum rate is € 861; it depends on the personal situation of the applicant (housing situation, own health insurance).
(State services, e.g. BAföG and scholarships from public funds are credited, thus they reduce the amount of the scholarship).
Beginning of funding:
The funding period starts from 01 March 2021.
The selection procedure starts after the application deadline and lasts about 6 weeks. A selection committee at the university decides upon the award of the scholarships on the basis of the documents submitted and in accordance with the guidelines of the DAAD and the Ministry of Culture and Science.
Essential selection criteria are the already achieved academic performances, the existing language skills and the letter of motivation. The financial and social situation of the applicant will also be taken into account in the selection process.
The selection committee will only assess fully completed and signed applications that are submitted with all required documents relating to the study and financial situation. The selection committee's decision is irrevocable. Approval or rejection will be made in writing and without stating reasons. There is no legal claim to the scholarship or its benefits.
- Application form
- Current CV
- Detailed letter of motivation with respect to study planning and realisation with detailed future planning
- Copy of residence permit
- Copy of passport
- If available: Copy of school certificates and academic achievements from your home country including a grade overview in the original language and as translation (German or English)
- Proof of language skills (for the language of instruction of the relevant study course) by presenting a language certificate with a list of individual competencies
- Copies of bank statements of the last 3 months of all bank accounts
- Proof of receipt of state services (e.g. BAföG) or other scholarships
- Proof of the housing situation and, if applicable, the costs of accommodation
- Proof of special private circumstances