Skip to content

Erasmus+ Exchange Semester

International Studieren

Academic Advice and General Support for Incoming Exchange Students

While studying at the South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences, you will be supported when it comes to academic as well as organisational questions.

You will get academic advice by the coordinators of the faculties.



Coordinator: Dr. Bernd Pölling

Education and Social Sciences

EIectrical Engineering

Coordinator: Prof. Dr. Till Haumann

Electrical Engineering and Information Technology

Coordinator: Prof. Meike Barfuß

Informatics and Natural Sciences

Coordinator: Prof. Dr. Nicole Rauch

Engineering and Economic Sciences

Coordinator: Prof. Dr. Stefan Lier

Coordinator Foreign Language Teaching: Neil Davie

Welcome to the International Business Semester in Meschede.International

The South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences in Meschede is delighted to welcome international students to our business department for a one or two-semester exchange program. In Meschede we currently have about 1,400 full-time students studying business, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering at both Bachelor and Master level. We also offer innovative degree programs which combine business and engineering components.

These are many good reasons to come to Meschede for an international semester:

  • Personal educational experience
  • Pleasant, friendly community
  • Small class sizes
  • Great student living conditions
  • No tuition fees
  • Modern buildings and facilities


Complete this form (pdf) to apply for a place on the international semester.
Completed applications should be sent to Kerstin Sobkowiak.

Summer Semester 2024

The following English-language 6-credit modules are planned for the summer semester 2024:

  • Agile Project Management
  • Business English
  • Cross-Cultural Communication
  • International Marketing & Strategy
  • Market Research Project - Photovoltaic (including an excursion to Intersolar Europe trade fair in Munich)


If you have any questions about the international semester or would like further information please contact Neil Davie, either by email: or by telephone: 0049 291 9910 4791.

For further information on the South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences please visit our English Language Website.

Mechanical Engineering

Mechanical Engineering and Automation

Coordinator: Prof. Dr. Alfons Noe

Technical Business Administration

Coordinator: Prof. Dr. Eva Erhardt

The Faculty of Technical Business Administration was founded in 1989 with the vision of the great potential that would occur if not only business people and engineers but also computer scientists and business lawyers would work together and combine their expert knowledge and experience.

Nowadays, with over 1000 students, the faculty is one of the top places to go for students in all of Germany and is one of the showpieces for the region of South Westphalia – offering bachelor and master courses including

  • Business Administration and Engineering,
  • Business Administration and Informatics and
  • Business Law.

Our faculty is located in the heart of the export driven South-Westphalia region, where many technology-driven hidden champions have their headquarters managing their global business activities worldwide.

During our summer term we are opening our doors for international exchange students from all-over the world. These students can choose from a wide variety of lectures ranging from general management, international management to language skills. All courses are taught in English.

Further Information

The coordinators will advise you as to which lectures or practical trainings you should attend and which exams to sit. You should contact your coordinator before your stay and work out a Learning Agreement with him/her.